The role of the Board is to direct and control the affairs of the Joint Organisation. The Board consults with the Executive Officer in directing and controlling the affairs of the Joint Organisation.
The RAMJO Board comprises the Mayors of the Member Councils (the voting members), as well as Department of Regional NSW (a non-voting member) and the General Managers of the Member Councils (also non-voting members). The Board is supported by an Executive Officer.
Cr Kylie King – Deputy Chair
Cr Julia Cornwell McKean
Mayor, Berrigan Shire Council
Cr Darryl Jardine
Mayor, Carrathool Shire Council
Cr Peta Betts
Mayor, Edward River Council
Cr Patrick Bourke – Chair
Mayor, Federation Council
Cr Doug Curran
Mayor, Griffith City Council
Cr Tony Reneker
Mayor, Leeton Shire Council
Cr Frank Crawley
Mayor, Murray River Council
Cr Ruth McRae OAM
Mayor, Murrumbidgee Shire Council
Cr Neville Kschenka
Mayor, Narrandera Shire Council
The non-voting members are:
Albury City – Chief Executive Officer – Frank Zaknich
Berrigan Shire – Chief Executive Officer – Karina Ewer
Carrathool Shire – General Manager – Rick Warren
Edward River Council – Chief Executive Officer – Philip Stone
Federation Council – General Manager – Adrian Butler
Griffith City – General Manager – Brett Stonestreet
Hay Shire – General Manager – David Webb
Leeton Shire – General Manager – Jackie Kruger
Murray River Council – General Manager – Terry Dodds
Murrumbidgee Council – General Manager – John Scarce
Narrandera Shire – General Manager – George Cowan
Department of Regional NSW – Giles Butler – Director Riverina Murray
The Chairperson is elected for a two year term by the voting representatives of the Board, from one of the Mayoral representatives. The Chairperson is the Joint Organisation’s spokesperson on strategic matters and leads and represents RAMJO at delegations, regional forums and meetings. In the absence of the Chairperson at a Board meeting, a person elected by the representatives at the meeting of the Board presides at the meeting. The Chairperson or other person presiding at the meeting is responsible for the conduct of the meeting, but does not have a casting vote.
The Executive Officer is appointed by the Board and carries out the day to day operations of RAMJO in accordance with the Local Government Act and Regulations and the policies and directions of the Board and Chairperson.
RAMJO Disclosures of Interest – FY 22/23
- Yvonne Lingua – Executive Officer, RAMJO
- Cr. Kylie King – Mayor AlburyCity & RAMJO Deputy Chair
- Frank Zaknich – Chief Executive Officer, AlburyCity Council
- Cr. Matt Hannan – Mayor Berrigan Shire Council (FY 22/23)
- Karina Ewer – Chief Executive Officer, Berrigan Shire Council
- Cr. Darryl Jardine – Mayor Carrathool Shire Council
- Rick Warren – General Manager, Carrathool Shire Council
- Cr. Peta Betts – Mayor Edward River Council
- Philip Stone – General Manager, Edward River Council
- Cr. Patrick Bourke – Mayor Federation Council & RAMJO Chair
- Adrian Butler – General Manager, Federation Council
- Cr. Doug Curran – Mayor Griffith City Council
- Brett Stonestreet – General Manager, Griffith City Council
- Cr. Carol Oataway – Mayor Hay Shire Council
- David Webb – General Manager, Hay Shire Council
- Cr. Tony Reneker – Mayor Leeton Shire Council
- Jackie Kruger – General Manager, Leeton Shire Council
- Cr. Chris Bilkey – Mayor Murray River Council (FY 22/23)
- Terry Dodds – Chief Executive Officer, Murray River Council
- Cr. Ruth McRae – Mayor Murrumbidgee Council
- John Scarce – General Manager, Murrumbidgee Council
- Cr. Neville Kschenka – Mayor Narrandera Shire Council
- George Cowan – General Manager, Narrandera Shire Council
- Nicola Gleeson – RAMJO Executive Officer (FY 22/23)
RAMJO Code of Conduct
Model Code of Conduct
The Model Code of Conduct sets the minimum standards of conduct for council officials. It is prescribed by regulation to assist council officials to:
- understand and comply with the standards of conduct that are expected of them
- enable them to fulfil their statutory duty to act honestly and exercise a reasonable degree of care and diligence (section 439)
- act in a way that enhances public confidence in local government.
What are the expected standards of behaviour?
The standards of behaviour are described in detail in the Model Code of Conduct. The Code is a legal document that all officials are obliged to understand and follow. The Model Code forms the basis of each council’s code of conduct.
Further information about the expected standards of behaviour can be found on the NSW Office of Local Government Website.
The Member Councils of the Joint Organisation resolved to appoint the below Regional Panel of Conduct Reviewers for a term expiring 30 June 2025. All current Regional Panel of Conduct Reviewers confirmed acceptance in June 2021.
For further information please contact the RAMJO Executive Officer.